Learn Stock Trading – Critical Concepts
Core Stock Trading Education Material (FREE)
“What is the best way to learn stock trading?”… I get this question all the time from new traders.
“How can I quickly improve my stock trading profits?”… This is a very common question from experienced stock traders.
The great news Is that I have gathered some of my most popular and useful stock trading articles on this page below to make it easy for you to access the right training to get you moving in the right direction quickly. If you read these articles you will absolutely take a huge step forward in your understanding of how to trade stocks profitably.
Home Page: Enlightened Stock Trading
Step 1: Set Your Trading System Goals
Main Trading System Goals Page: Set your Trading System Goals First (then design everything to deliver them)
Step 2: Choose Your Trading Strategy
Main Trading Strategy Page: Does your stock trading strategy REALLY suit you?
- Best Trading Strategy – Self Assessment Questionnaire
- Trend Trading / Trend following – What is it and how does it work?
- Trend Following Stocks is a great trading strategy
- Swing Trading – What is it and how does it work?
- Mean reversion to diversify your trading program
Step 3: Build Your Trading Systems
- Trading System Development – The Right Way
- Mechanical trading systems save you from yourself!
- What makes a good trading system?
- Choosing the best trading system
- Trend Following System Components
- Penny Stock Trading Systems – Benefits and Pitfalls
- Trading Signal Beliefs – Example System
- Should I consider paper trading before using real money?
Step 4: Document Your Trading Plan
Main Trading Plan Page: Is a trading plan the difference between success and failure?
- Trading Plans – What’s the big deal?
- Trade Plan vs Trading Plan – what is the difference and why should I care?
- Writing a trading plan is not difficult or time consuming
- Creating a trading plan the easy way
- Stock trading plan – 5 critical factors
- Small cap trading plan secrets
- Trading Plan & Coaching Information Request
Trading SignalsMain Trading Signals Page: Selecting the right trading signals
Trading BooksMain Trading Books Page: Choosing the best trading books
- Best Trading Books – Compulsory Reading
- Trading Books: ‘Way of the Turtle’ by Curtis faith
- Trading Books: ‘The Definitive Guide to Position Sizing’ by Van Tharp
- Trading Books: ‘Trading Systems That work’ by Thomas Stridsman
- Trading Books: ‘The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies’ by Robert Pardo
- Trading Books: ‘Mechanical Trading Systems’ by Richard L. Weissman
- Trading Books: ‘Breaking the Black Box’ by Martin J. Pring
- Van Tharp – Outstanding trading books and resources to improve your performance
Order TypesMain Order Types Page: Order Types – Not as Simple as Buy or Sell!
- Market On Open Orders – A Useful Tool
- Market On Close Orders – Another Useful Order Type
- Stop Limit Order – The Best of Both?
- Stop Loss Order – Trader’s Best Friend
Trading MistakesMain Trading Mistakes Page: Eliminate Trading Mistakes to Accelerate Returns
Learn Stock TradingMain Learn Stock Trading Page: Learn Stock Trading: Get your trading questions answered!
- The stock market is correcting, should I put a stop loss?
- What is curve fitting and why is it a problem?
- Why is too much leverage dangerous?
- When I use end of day data can I trade all time frames with it?
- Is end of day data reliable?
- What is a realistic trading profit target?
- Using Metastock stock market data with Trading Blox
- How much capital should I have at risk in the stock market at any one time?
- What are reasonable CAGR and Drawdown Targets?
- Position sizing the right way
- Risk Management and Position Sizing to Avoid Blowup