Trading Books: Market Beaters
Author: Art Collins
Publisher: Wasendorf Associates Inc
Year: 2019 Reprint
- Why Indicators Don’t Matter
- Creation Of Wealth Comes From Money Management, Not Systems
- I Can Show You That You Need Thousands Of Trades In Your Development Sample Before You Can Have Any Statistical Confidence That It’s Going To Trade That Way In The Future
- Anyone Who Has Developed A System Has To Admit There Are Situations That The System Does Not Cover
- The Bottom Line Was, After 17 Programmers And Four Or Five Years Of Testing, The Basic Four Or Five Systems Worked The Best
- I Had Hundreds Of Calls From People Who Opened Up By Saying, Listen, Just Give Me The Name Of A System That Works Consistently’
- I Just Looked At Charts And Without Applying Anything Sophisticated At All, I Said, ‘This Couldn’t Be Random’!
- Once You Have A System, The Biggest Obstacle Is Trusting It
- What I Have Found Is, It’s Good To Make It Exceedingly Difficult To Enter The Market But Very Easy To Get Out.
- If You Don’t Like The Neighboring Numbers, You’ve Got A Problem, Because Odds Are, You Will Wind Up With The Results Of The Neighboring Set Of Parameters.
- There Is No One Thing That Will Let You Say, ‘This Works In All Markets And It Always Will’
Click the image below to buy it now on Amazon:
Trading Book Review of ‘Market Beaters’ by Art Collins:
I have to tell you that I almost didn’t buy this trading book many years ago because of the crappy name and frankly pretty bland cover… but as they say, you can’t judge a book by its cover! I am glad I did and if you can get your hands on a copy then the interviews in this book will absolutely give you new learnings and ideas for your systematic trading! If you have other trading books that you can recommend then please leave me a comment below and I will make a review about it!
Share this post with your friends!